Dairy Nutrition and Management Consultant – Account Executive
Nobis Agri Science is a family owned and independent company that has established itself for over 40 years as the leader in dairy nutrition and management consulting. We execute progressive solutions and build better relationships that result in sustainable success for our customers.
At Nobis Agri Science, you will join a focused and passionate team that works together to create economical solutions to meet the challenges and opportunities that our customers demand. Our consultants are progressive in their approach, have a passion for continuous learning, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our company is growing and we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Dairy Nutrition and Management Consultant who is ready to be a lead role in our expert team of nutritionists. The successful candidate will have the qualifications and drive to provide first class customer service and innovative solutions to modern, large herd dairies that result in successes for the dairy producer.
Reasons the right nutritionist will love this job:
- Excellent growth opportunity with a company that is financially strong and has a great reputation in the state of Michigan and throughout the Midwest.
- Our commitment to the producer that is unparalleled in the industry.
- Operate with significant autonomy and ability to work independently.
- Nobis Agri Science provides the framework to set up our consultants for success and we provide the structure and support with internal resources and mentoring and externally connect you with industry individuals.
- Family business in which we treat employees with respect and concern for their and their family’s welfare.
- Explosive growth opportunities – producers and other feed mills want the Nobis Agri Science services and people!
- WE ACHIEVE RESULTS!
- Develop cost effective ration formulations that maximize income over feed cost
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Regularly scheduled visits to clients; maintain visit logs and notes
- Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers
- Strong commitment to nurture existing relationships and cultivate new opportunities
- Streamlined decision making provides answers quickly – no red tape
- Report to the Director of Nutrition – no chain of command – quick decisions
- Day travel within the territory- overnight travel as needed
- Continued education and staying current with research and industry
- Provide client training
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, agriculture, business, or relevant science-related degree
- Experience: 5 or more years’ experience in on-farm sales and/or technical support role relevant to the dairy industry
- Critical-thinking skills: Able to make tough decisions through sound reasoning and judgment for the proper evaluation and feeding of dairy animals
- Technical proficiency: Familiarity with dairy nutrition software programs and other farm and data management programs.
- Mathematical proficiency: Comfortable performing mathematical calculations and interpreting laboratory reports.
- Analytical skills: Able to interpret a variety of reports and assess the condition of dairy animals.
- Interpersonal skills: Able to communicate and work with others such as producers, herdsman, vendors and peers.
- Organizational skills: Able to effectively manage own schedule and projects for clients.
- Advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., DVM)
- Bilingual ability