Production Associate – Animal Feed Processing Facility
- Right to work in the U.S.
- Employees must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Pass pre-employment drug screen
- Willing and able to work any shift required Monday through Friday
- Reliable attendance and commitment
- Be physically able to perform the job duties including bending, stooping, shoveling, sweeping, pounding with hammers, climbing stairs and ladders, opening and closing valves, lifting up to 60 lbs., extended driving/riding/maneuvering of forklifts
- Efficient and thorough work habits with skills to prioritize tasks
- Skills to manage time to complete all tasks with minimal supervision
- Be a positive team player
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or hard labor experience
- Agriculture background
- Experience operating a forklift and/or warehousing experience
- Experience operating and troubleshooting industrial equipment (ex., packaging machinery, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner
Associates are expected to perform in all job areas (packaging, warehouse, receiving and loading, mixing, facilities housekeeping program & maintenance) safely and efficiently.
Please note: Working in the mill and warehouse environments includes exposure to dust, dirt, noise and extreme indoor and outdoor temperatures (hot and cold). Proper safety equipment is provided.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers when needed
- Operate all feed manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently
- Perform necessary recording and documenting of all feed manufactured during shift
- Mix and prepare livestock feeds efficiently and in a manner that assures accuracy and high quality
- Load and unload trucks in a safe and efficient manner
- Clean all areas of the facility, including warehouse, plant and grounds
- Use powered industrial equipment to do detailed cleaning throughout the mill
- Clean and power wash trucks and trailers
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repairs as needed
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow Company prescribed safety rules and regulations as well as other departmental policies and procedures
- Adhere to Nobis Agri Science’s quality assurance program regarding ingredient receiving, production of product, load-out, packaging and storage.
- Other duties may be assigned by a supervisor at any time
- Work in a team environment to achieve the production goals of the company
- Read and follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Promote teamwork and effective production throughout each shift
- Consistently be on site and ready to start on time
- Maintain professional work standards
- Able to follow specific verbal directions
- General manual labor
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be noisy and dusty at times.
Nobis Agri Science offers good working hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday; off weekends and holidays. However attendance during the workweek is critical in order for us to allow employees to work these hours; having their evenings and weekends free.
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to work in tight and confined spaces, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment.
This job may require the ability to ride a belt man lift and occasionally work at significant heights, with requisite balance and equilibrium. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull up to 60 pounds and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders. You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including hardhats, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
This job requires the ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors. It is important to have vision that permits close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. If you are grading grain, the ability to identify and distinguish colors is also important.
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Excellent Benefit Package that include medical insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, vacation and sick paid time off, performance bonus and 401(k) enrollment and company match program.
Our company is an industry leader that is growing and making exciting changes within our organization. There are opportunities for growth and advancement based on performance, dependability, loyalty and the willingness to grow and learn. Our corporate culture promotes learning, growing, and the well-being of all employees.